Forest Oaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got a fine from Real Management, this nieghborhood is FXXXed up.

3 posters

Go down

I got a fine from Real Management, this nieghborhood is FXXXed up. Empty I got a fine from Real Management, this nieghborhood is FXXXed up.

Post  chad_merrigan Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:56 pm

I have lived here for over ten years and have watched multiple structures go up unapproved.(fences, decks, patio covers, sheds, etc....) To my knowledge most of these items went up hassle free from the HOA. I take care of my lawn, I have had all of my structures in the back yard approved by the HOA. I also own a successfull buisiness that requires me to work late hours. Recently I have recieved a fine in the mail for parking my truck with a trailer attached to it in the street. For starters I didn't get home till around midnight and had the trailer gone around 8 a.m. in the morning. Talking to Real Management they stated that some moron came up with the idea that having a vehicle parked in front of the house from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. was against deed restrictions. But having a vehicle parked in front of the house from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. is not. I had lived here for over ten years and have called this home. I don't complain when my neighbors bring home there boat and leave in front of thier house to clean it for the weekend. I have never complained about all the the structures that went up (illegally) at nieghbors houses. I have never complained when someone let their grass go an extra week with out mowing it. We are a good community and I am proud to live in Forest oaks, but I will be damned to be fined in my home without a fight for parking in front of MY HOME for 8 hours and being fined $50.00. Up until now I enjoyed living here and plan to do so in the future for a few more years. I also want to state that the Board members are enforcing a few rules and not all of them. I would like to ask the HOA for a list of all of the building structures that need to by approved through the HOA (decks, sheds, patios, etc...) and see if all of these items were approved for construction on their properties. If not they should be fined also. So if I am forced to pay the $50.00, this is the action I will proceed with. In discussion with Real Management they have a list going back 10 plus years. This sucks realizing that there are a group of people who are abusive of their elected positions to tear a neighborhood up instead of bringing them together. After reading the message board, it's hard to believe that In over ten years of living as a peaceful community, that a few people can pick on few people and put it in an up roar in a few months. It is safe to say, "you are not our neighbor". I am glad I can still walk the streets and get hello's from people and when I pass and they still have a smile on their faces. Life is to short to be beat up in your own home.

chad_merrigan

Back to top Go down

I got a fine from Real Management, this nieghborhood is FXXXed up. Empty Re: I got a fine from Real Management, this nieghborhood is FXXXed up.

Post  Ryan Connor Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:50 am

The fine is simply unenforceable. To change a policy such as that requires 80% agreement. The current board (actually the President) decided by fiat to make the change without the 80% approval. As such, I would advise against paying the fine. If the board then moves toward legal action, they are simply wasting their time and OUR money. If Real Manage advises them differently then they should be replaced as well. Part two: how will they prove you parked overnight? Unless they have hours of video they can not. And I just checked, with the exception of dealing with the IRS, you are still presumed innocent until proven guilty.

I'm not a fan of cars parked in the street either, but I don't see how this one can be easily enforced. I certainly don't see how a fine can happen for any violation other than not paying HOA dues.

Questions for Real Manage: Who checks the overnight parking situation? At what time? On what dates?

Ryan Connor

Back to top Go down

I got a fine from Real Management, this nieghborhood is FXXXed up. Empty B.S Fines

Post  jfontenot Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 am

I agree with Chad about the fining sysyem being unballanced. I live in the 2nd cul-de-sac on S. Lynnwood right of Brushy Creek Rd. and seem to get a letter in the mail about once a week about some stupid ass violation. I can only come to the conclusion who ever is responsible for issuing these letters or fines simply take the easy way out and gives me a ticket because they pass by my house twice a damn day. I regularly go on jogs in the morning and constantly see other residents having the same violations I'm getting letters for. I hope they are gettting those letters as well, however, I'm failry sure they're not because the the yard has been in the same condition for a while. I'm on the fence about most of the violation letters, but I hope the violation letters are being distrubed equally and not just someone taking their daily drive to and from work and giving letters to the houses he/she passes on their daily commute. Also, I don't believe any violation is inforcable unless ALL violations are being inforced. That's just stupid and lazy.

jfontenot

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum