Forest Oaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food in the pool

4 posters

Go down

Food in the pool Empty Food in the pool

Post  msffields Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 am

I have to say that I have never seen so much trash around the pool area and in the pool. It is really gross to see chips and cookies and other food items FLOATING in the pool and dried on the ground around the pool. Isn't it a rule that you can't eat in the pool? Yet I see tons of kids eating in the pool.

msffields

Back to top Go down

Food in the pool Empty Pool Upkeep

Post  MrsR Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:29 am

I agree. These pools are such a nice amenity to the neighborhood, but it's hard to enjoy them when they are so dirty or constantly closed due to contamination (we actually lost count last summer...). My son loves the pool, but we usually go elsewhere now. It's a shame that there seems to be so little respect for keeping them clean.

MrsR

Back to top Go down

Food in the pool Empty Re: Food in the pool

Post  msffields Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:11 pm

I hear you about the number of times the pools were closed due to contamination. That is riduclous! I even saw a child in the pool NAKED last week. No wonder we have so many closures. Something needs to be done.

msffields

Back to top Go down

Food in the pool Empty Pool upkeep/Food in pool

Post  pedebruyn Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Oh No! We just moved here last Oct and I sure hope this is not the case. If it is, then it will very disappointing! We have two small kids and I will not take them if it is not sanitary. I wonder if it has to do with the unsupervised kids that are from the ages of 8 to 14 that are making the messes. Isn't there a rule as to how old you have to be with out adult supervision? I think kids under the age of 16 should be accompanied by an adult. Which pool are you all referring to? Brushy Creek or Park St? As far as the naked kid...there is absolutely no excuse for that! Totally unsanitary!

pedebruyn

Back to top Go down

Post  msffields Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:21 pm

I must first start by saying this is a wonderful neighborhood and you have made a great choice to move here. This is our 4th summer here and we haven't had the messes in the past like this summer so far. I know the pool committee is working very hard to get things ironed out, and I have total faith that they will. We did have trouble with pools closing last year due to contamination, but I don't know how to get past it. I know the little swimmer diapers don't really hold much in them and they certainly do not when they aren't even wearing anything. I have NEVER seen a naked child in the pool and I was absolutely shocked to see it this year. It wasn't for long that the child was in the pool naked, but nonetheless, it is GROSS and against the law I believe.

We are at the pool just about every day through the summers and I believe they will get the kinks worked out. It is still new in the season, so I am willing to give them a little time. But I do think that the residents need to take pride in our pools and pick up after their kids. As for the ages at the pool, I have seen some very responsible kids there. And to be honest, it isn't the older kids lugging in the coolers packed with food. They are just there to play with their friends. It is the families I see with the coolers to feed the younger ones. I am not pointing any fingers, but I do think we all (myself included) need to pick up trash or whatever if you see it around.

We love this neighborhood and the pools are usually very nice and clean for the most part. I know you will love it too!

msffields

Back to top Go down

Food in the pool Empty Food/trash in pool

Post  pedebruyn Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:08 am

I agree that we need to take pride in our pools. People just simply don't need to litter! No matter where you are. No matter your age or how many kids you have or need to feed. Simply pick up your trash! I certainly don't expect any one to look at mine or have to pick up mine.

Which pool are you referring to? 1 or 2?

We have been to pool 2 a few times and I have 2 small kids, one is an infant, and both times we have been there, there were so many big kids playing really rough around the small kids. It seems like there were no parents around either. Not sure what to do about this.

pedebruyn

Back to top Go down

Post  msffields Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:45 am

Go to the front pool of you have little ones. It is bigger and the older kids tend to swim in the deeper area. The back pool is nice but very cramped.

msffields

Back to top Go down

Food in the pool Empty Food and Beverages

Post  tcooper714 Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:05 pm

So can we bring food to the pool or not? What about "adult" beverages in cans or plastic?

tcooper714

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down