Forest Oaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archived Posts From Previous Forum

Go down

Archived Posts From Previous Forum Empty Archived Posts From Previous Forum

Post  Ben Sun May 23, 2010 11:59 pm

The following messages were posted on the previous forum system. If you would like to respond to one of them, please quote it in a new thread.

Suspicious Vehicle prowling neighborhood
0 10/13/09 7:38am

There has been a police report on a man who is driving around our neighborhood in a beat up old red truck. For some reason they have been targeting a few of the kids on Savanna and who knows who else. They followed two girls to school the other day and then on Saturday they stopped two girls who were playing outside and pointed to them and it made the kids scared so they ran inside. By the time a parent came out to investigate the truck was gone. There are other kids that have seen the truck in the neighborhood driving very slowly down the street as well.

The cops have come out and they said to please be cautious and PLEASE report anyone in a beat up red truck (Hispanic man who had another man in the passenger seat) to them ASAP. It is important to try and get a license plate if at all possible but tell the kids to run inside quickly if they see it. Make sure they are not walking to or from school all alone as he has been seen in the mornings.

The cops said how this neighborhood is such easy access to get right back on the toll road.

Please pass this on to others as well.
David Karabinas - 10/13/09 7:38am

Glof Club Theft
0 2/3/09 4:09pm

We had a theft occur at our house. Our golf clubs were stolen. We have asked the neighborhood association to reclose the end of Lynnwood so that "stray" cars cannot cruise our neighborhood. The people who live back there cut the posts down and installed a gate...that road goes all the way through to 1431 in front of Target.
Arthur Tolar - 2/3/09 4:09pm

National Night Out 2007 0 11/26/07 1:54pm

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 is “National Night Out,” a nation-wide effort to strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships – for more information, check out www.nationaltownwatch.org.

Our Community celebration will kick off Sunday evening, August 5, from 5-8PM at the Activity Center. Please come to meet with representatives from the HOA and City emergency personnel, ask questions, and meet your neighbors. See you there!

Photos from the celebrations are on our website under "Photo Galleries."
Margaret Heckathorn - 11/26/07 1:54pm

Vandalism Occurrences
0 7/29/07 12:56pm

2006 - Extensive damage, twice at Lynnwod & Brushy Creek pool. Action: installed cameras.

Dec. 2006 & May 2007 - Mailboxes knocked off posts in the Villlage.

May 2007 - Extensive painting of cars/homes, slashed tires, etc. along Tallow Trail, and other areas in Cedar Park.

July 2007 - Extensive damage to Grand Haven homes under construction. Action: Aug. 5-7 National Night Out celebration and community awareness campaign (pamphlets etc.).

Sept. 2007 - Police report likely perpetrators of above have been caught.
Margaret Heckathorn - 7/29/07 12:56pm

The intersection at Rawhide and N.Lynnwood (CRIME) 2 6/20/08 11:34pm

I live at the corner of Rawhide and N.Linwood and would like to address the continuous failure to observe the stop sign at this intersection. Recently my husband, daughter and I were out gardening in the back yard and we observed a sedan going considerably faster than the speed limit. It had a young driver and a woman was hanging out of the passenger window shooting a chrome hand gun at the car behind it. Both cars went right through the stop sign with no thought of slowing down. When I say the 2 cars were speeding, well they had to have been going 50-60 mph. We phoned the police and later found out that the gun was a pellet gun, but still managed to put 6 holes in the chasers windshield. We also found out that the drivers were coming from the land that sits about two blocks behind our home. N. Lynnwood ends into this property. We have noticed, because we spend a-lot of time out in the yard, that most of the speeders and stop sign runners are coming from this area behind the neighborhood. Not to mention the pitbull strays that we see and bring back to this location. I have done some research and it turns out that this land is not zoned within Cedar Park and the CP Police dept. does not have jurisdiction in this area. It is however, zoned within the county, and the sheriff or TX. Trooper's may go into the area. My point to all of this is that we have been here for 5 years and have noticed many events that take place from the individuals living back there. I know that We are not the only family taking notice. I know there is another entrance to this property off of 1431 and would like to know if we can petition to have the end of N. Lynnwood blocked off as a dead end. I don't know if this is possible so if you have any ideas please reply to this. I would like to think that we live in a safe community, but what happened was very disturbing. The kids on this block could have been playing that day and the driver's would have never had time to stop.
Meaghan Haslam - 6/17/08 10:49am

Meaghan:

First, thanks on behalf of your neighbors for bringing this matter to public attention. Seems to me that since Cedar Park has no jurisdiction over the area behind you/us - that we should have the option to block that entrance to the neighborhood. I might suggest that you contact some members of the maintenance committee and/or attend the monthly maintenance committee meeting held at the community center. Despite my intentions, I haven't been able to make it to one of the meetings yet - but I do get their meeting minutes via email and they seem like a dedicated/concerned group of residents. I would suggest that you begin by emailing: maggieandmurphy@austin.rr.com - I believe that they may chair the committee.

Linda Hart
comm@austin.rr.com
Linda Hart - 6/17/08 4:02pm

Meaghan - I went ahead and posted your post on the Forest Oaks Community Action discussion group that City Councilman Matt Powell chairs. He may be able to clarify what our options are in terms of closing off that entrance. I've always wondered what the deal was with that and I appreciate you bringing that situation to everyone's attention.
David Karabinas - 6/20/08 11:34pm
Ben
Ben
Admin

http://forums.forestoaksonline.com

Back to top Go down