Forest Oaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archived Posts From Previous Forum

Go down

Archived Posts From Previous Forum Empty Archived Posts From Previous Forum

Post  Ben Mon May 24, 2010 12:25 am

The following messages were posted on the previous forum system. If you would like to respond to one of them, please quote it in a new thread.

Are you having problems with wildlife eating your plants? 2 9/9/08 7:36pm

Within the last week, I have had the tops of some of my plants virtually mowed (bitten) off: hostas, pepper plants, rose buds and my neighbors have had the tops of their hybiscus chewed off.
My neighbor, who walks her dog and runs late at night, has mentioned that she has seen deer on both Lynwood and Peyton Place at night. I had just as many plantings last year as I do this year - but I didn't have this problem last year.
Example: When I say "tops mowed off", I had two hosta plants that were approx. 18" diameter and 20" high. The tops have been removed and the stems are approx. 10" high now and look like they were bitten off - a straight-edged removal (teeth?). The tops dissappeared overnight and probably had a total weight of about 2.5 pounds - so this was no little grasshopper!
I don't see any deer droppings.
Has anyone else had this problem lately?
Linda Hart
1211 Rawhide Trail
Linda Hart - 6/17/08 4:18pm

I drive home late at night and there at least on large group of deer that wonder the neighborhood.
Shirley Borgmann - 9/7/08 4:35pm

All my plants have been eaten and yes I have seen deer droppings. I almost hit a deer last week at 3AM when I was called into work.
Amy Allin - 9/9/08 7:36pm
Ben
Ben
Admin

http://forums.forestoaksonline.com

Back to top Go down